Ok ok, brett and I didn't actually conquer Alaska seeing that we just saw a small portion of it in the airplane and exploring the island of Wrangell, but I couldn't think of another title. This first picture is the town of Wrangell from a viewpoint up on Mount Dewey. the second is us up on Mount Dewey. The town is built around the harbor, or which there are three docks, one for the ferry, one for public use, and one for the city use for big barges. There lives revolve around the port because that is where they get all of their supplies. The island is very small and only has a small logging industry and commercial fishing. Anyway, we stayed in a Bed and Breakfast for several nights while trying to get the truck stuff all lined up. We did get to go exploring about half of the time though.
Here is the truck we got..2002 Ford F250. All for the price of the trip practically! God is good!
Brett and I at Petroglyph beach, of which I wrote about earlier.
This picture was taken from the airplane. The whole time we were in the plane the scenery was quite incredible. There were so many tiny islands, timbered and snow-capped. The ferry ride to Prince Rupert, BC from Wrangell was also very similar, except we were a little closer.
1 comment:
Your aunt carol & I love Bed 'n Breakfasts—tell us more about the one you stayed in! Size, decorating style, view, what they served, etc. etc. Interesting people?
—Uncle Ken
Post a Comment