Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May, or is it February??

Ok, so I have not written for quite some time because life has been pretty normal and busy lately.  Although the weather here has been weird.  Last saturday we got snow..on May 22!  The temperature also got down to 26 last Sunday night!  This has had a bad effect on my gardening because I planted flowers from seed indoors in April and I have not had the chance to plant them.  In fact, I had to rip out many plants because they were suffering from being in small peat pots!  Ugh.  Now I am on my second indoor planting..

Since I don't have much to talk about, Uncle Ken had wanted to know what type of bed and breakfast we stayed at on our trip.  Well, here is the discription; We were in a very comfortable B&B that had a separate "guest" living room where we could read or watch TV by the fire.  Our room was the pink room so there were various shades of light pink, Rose, red, with english roses in the wallpaper and decorations.  It was kind of an English style Bed and Breakfast.  For breakfast we started out with fresh berries sprinkled with the "rock salt" sized sugar (I can't remember what it is called) with juice and tea.  Then our hostess served our main dish, I had crepes with strawberries and whip cream and Brett just had eggs, toast, and bacon.  We had 10 dishes to choose from and he chose the most boring meal!  Either way, we had a very good meal and an excellent hostess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Steph! The B 'n B sounds good. As for Brett's "boring breakfast"—well, its a guy thing: the very best ultimate sort of meal is—the one we happen to want at the time! (But I will admit the crepes sound tempting!)
If misery loves company, then most of the gardeners from your place northward are feeling really chummy right now. I waited two weeks later than normal to plant my dahlia tubers on April 21—a sunny day with a couple of others in the forecast. It started raining the next day, hasn't let up yet, and now, five weeks later, maybe a half dozen are up. The rest are worm food.
and don't even get me started about the poor tomatoes! (Hasn't helped that the whole month I've been laid up with sciatica (translation: a major pain in the butt!). Still, the wonderful thing about a garden is, whatever the "disaster," once the gardener can finally get back out in the garden, after 3 months, no one can tell anyway!

And if any of the "climate deniers" ask, we're supposed to say "this is an 'anthropomorphic global warming' cold snap; it don't mean a thing."

—Uncle Ken