This work week did not start so great for me. I am having to put in 9 and 10 hour days this week because I will not be going in on Friday. On Monday, I got up early so I could be at work at 7, but I had so many odds and ends to do in the morning that I didn't even get out the door until 7:15. Then I try to start my car and it won't start. SOOOO I had to call Brett to come pick me up and I finally got to work a bit before 8. I had 9 hour day and thankfully Brett let me have his car until the next day when he and a friend from the church were going to look at my car. It has been nice this week so I had wanted to get out into the field on Tues and Wednesday to make my long days feel shorter but my plans were foiled there as well. Tues I got a call from a rancher who was reminding me that he needed two gates to fix up one of the corrals he uses. I went to buy gates from Scott Valley Feed but they didn't have what I wanted so then I ended up driving up to Medford, getting the gates there, and dropping the gates off at this guy's ranch. That took the whole day but it was better than staying in the office- I just would have prefered to be hiking in the sunshine. Today I had another meeting right during the middle of the day which also meant I could not get out and do the hike I was planning, but I substituted with a shorter hike which made me happy. PS, my car did get fixed but I still need to take it into the shop to get it checked out- but finding the time, well, that will be difficult.
This past weekend I got to go out shooting with some friends on saturday which was fun. I have decided that I am just horrible with handguns. I will be sticking with rifles because that means I can actually hit something. Sunday I helped out during the youth work day. We went to various houses who had residents that needed some work done, but couldn't get out to do it themselves. I enjoyed working outside, (especially since I don't have a yard to work in) and we had some fun playing in the leaves we raked up!
This next weekend I will be headed down to Willows to meet Brett's family. Eek! It shall be an interesting weekend I am sure. I am a bit nervous and I will be sharing a room with his sister who is 20 years older than me and has a girl my age. I am looking forward to the weekend, I have heard many stories and it will be nice to put faces with names. Also, I will get to see why Brett is the way he is! I am sure I will have some good stories to share after this weekend- so stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment