So one Thanksgiving is done and over and today I will be headed home for Thanksgiving number two with my family. Last weekend was awesome. I was kind of nervous to meet Brett's family- especially since I would be meeting all of them at once. I really liked the family as a whole and I fell in love with a little man while I was there (no, I am not talking about Brett...but I love him even more after the weekend). Brett's brother Ross has two little boys age 4 and 6. Caleb is the 4 year old and I just melted the first time he took my hand. The rest of the weekend he was often found showing me his transformer, sitting in my lap, and giving me kisses! The rest of the weekend was filled with eating, playing Rummy, playing with kids, and going for walks out on the farm. Brett's mom and husband live on a large farm outside of Willows and they lease out the land for almond, pomegranent, beef, and alfalfa production. We had to stay mainly on the dirt roads though because there are wild pigs that roam around and apparently they are quite aggressive. I got to see a few, dead, because they get caught in the traps around the fence lines and then they are shot.
The weekend was so nice because I felt like I fit in the family, even though this was the first time I had met them. Thanksgiving was like I expect it to be- filled with family, laughter, and all the comforts and relaxation of Home. I went home with friends at thanksgiving while I was attending Anderson, and it always felt foreign, not like MY Thanksgivings. This was different. It had a feel of our family traditions that I know and love.
Pray for safe travels as I head to Woodburn today. On Sunday I will return back to Fort Jones and get back to life as normal..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds like a great time with his family! That's so great. I miss you Steph!
Post a Comment