Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer, where has it gone?


It is already August and I don't know where the summer has gone! We have been so busy and on the go that I haven't been able to enjoy the summer. This week I have just been working, and my job seems to get busier as well, since I know what I am doing more or less this year! Yesterday I went on a very cool hike up to an area I haven't been in before and my temp and I ended up going 12.6 miles that day on elevation ranging from 4700' to 7200'. Needless to say I was a bit tired! The scenery was great though; the granite peaks around me were so beautiful and it wasn't too hot.
PS. The picture is from yesterday, Mt. Shasta is covered partially by the clouds and these peaks are in the northern part of the Trinity Alps Wilderness.


This summer I have also tried to spruce up the house with flowers and a garden. My garden has done quiet well and I have an abundance of cucumbers and carrots. My tomato plants are just now ripening and it looks like I will have a good crop of those as well. I also have a good herb garden with mint, parsley, and rosemary. My flowers on the other hand are kind of looking mediocre. I think I planted them to close and did not water them enough. Oh well, it was my first garden and I will probably continue to learn as I go along. I do have to say that my outdoor plants look MUCH better than my indoor plants. I seem to inherit the skill of killing indoor plants much like my mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Fantastic photograph! I'm borrowing it to use as Wallpaper! Will you & Brett be up for the "do" at your mom's next weekend?

--Uncle Ken