Saturday, February 20, 2010

Roast Beef

Today is the day that I will make my first Roast Beef.  Now, as a child we had roast, potatoes, and carrots EVERY sunday after church until I was in middle school.. ok maybe we didn't have it that often but it sure seems like it was that often.  It was never my favorite meal and I was always happy when mom provided a different alternative like chicken strips.  Well now Brett and I have a 1/4 of a beef in our freezer which includes several large roasts.  Today will be my first experience of making my own roast and we will see how it turns out.  Besides, it has been a long while since I had roast and maybe, just maybe, I will actually enjoy it!  I pulled out a Rib Roast- I don't know the difference between the different cuts but as I have looked on the internet for recipes this appears to be a very good cut so I have some high expectations.  I also have chuck roasts, a shoulder clod roast, and a rump roast.  Anyone have any tasty recipes for these kinds of cuts??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my, my you are becoming your own version of Julia, Julia! Good luck in the cooking adventure! Love ya!

the Leiter family said...

We put ours in a crock pot all day with carrots, potatoes water, celery, onion. Then we add in a brown gravy powder packet. That is always how my parents made roast and it is YUMMY!