Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jr High Retreat

Usually on the weekends I get to update my blog but the last few weekends have been pretty busy, one filled with a Jr High Retreat.  We went up to Little River Christian Camp in Glide Oregon (outside of Roseburg) and it was an absolutely beautiful weekend.  The camp had houses that were filled with bunkbeds in the individual rooms and they were right on the Little River..which wasn't so little at this time of year!  They had a really sweet little chapel where we met for worship and the speaker.  Overall the weekend was a great time and the kids mixed really well.  We had 9 kids from the Berean Youth Group and we took 10 kids from our church.  Several kids gave thier lives to the Lord that weekend for the first time- Praise God!  I was also impressed to see that the boys had such strong desires to grow in their faith.  Most of them are learning to be gentlemen (which is definitly not "cool" at this stage of life) and they are really trying to become men of God.  Now the girls on the other hand, are not so far along in their faith and I just hope that boys and clothes do not become their "god" as it often can during the teen years.  We also had some unusual games that could only come out of a Scott valley mindset.  We had several field games which included Steal the Bacon and Ultimate Frisbee, except both of those games were played with a COW TONGUE!  I don't have any pictures but when I get some I will post them.  The tongue kept getting dunked in a bucket of water so that when we intercepted the tongue it felt like it was fresh from the cow..

Other happenings in the last couple of weeks:
-My roast did turn out excellent..I may just have to make them more often! 
-Uno got spayed this last week, no surprise kitties for Brett and I!  She was so subdued after the surgery; it was kind of nice but she was boring.  Now she is back to her rambuctious self.
-I am getting spring fever.  I really want to start planting some flowers and veggies but that will have to wait for a couple months.  We actually  just got 2 inches of snow two days ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well if it was a real cow tongue—and fresh!—I hope you all took good care of it and gave it to the cook afterward. Boiled up with the right seasonings, chilled and sliced ever-so-thin, it makes great sandwiches, especially if you use thin-sliced Russian Rye bread with a bit of mustard!

—Uncle Ken