Tuesday, March 23, 2010

UC Davis

This past week I went to UC Davis for a workshop and throughly enjoyed myself.  One, I actually was at a range related conference and those are always fun because it is with people that I have become familiar with and the topic is interesting.  Two, the grounds of the University were absolutly gorgeous.  The weather was in the 70's, the grass was green and mown, flowers were blooming everywhere, and they had a fantastic arboretum.  Third, I was back in the college world, which I do miss greatly.  I miss hanging out with friends, going to class (NOT the homework or studying) working out at a nice gym, not having many responsibilities, having  many outlets for things to do, and being surrounded by lush landscaped areas.  I really do love Fort Jones but I really loved my college years.  I guess as the saying goes "There is a time for everything..."  I do have to mention the arboretum again.  It was a 3.5 mile path along a creek that featured plant communties from all over the world.  They had a section that was devoted to all california natives, a redbud collection, an Australian collection, a "desert" area, a redwoods collection, an oak woodlands, a moonviewing garden (all kinds of white flowers) and a south american plant garden.  I forgot my camera so if you would like to see pictures of the gardens they are on this website: http://arboretum.ucdavis.edu/gardens.aspx.  If you are into this type of stuff I highly recommend you try to get to this arboretum if you are in the Sacramento area.

Also, as a side note, Brett and I finally got internet at the house so I will probably be updating my blog more often :)

No comments: