We took a pregnancy test (or rather 3..) and found out that it was a positive! Brett and I had a mixture of shock, joy, and panic!
When we went back to Fort Jones we had a doctor appointment and it confirmed that we were pregnant..apparently many women don't go in this early but I didn't know and I just wanted to get some direction from the doctor on where to go from here. We also learned that the due date will be late August..which will make my life interesting as I try to do my job this summer (ie hiking).
We housesat for the Munn's a couple weeks after (we told them about the baby fairly soon because they are the closest thing to family we have in Fort Jones) and this is what we found on our bed..I guess we always knew that our baby would be vision impaired and a little crazy considering the gene pool! (The toy is labeled baby McMorris)
Then at almost nine weeks we had a little scare. We finally got used to the idea that we are going to have a baby, got really excited about it, and then I thought I miscarried. Brett and I were pretty emotional until we could go to the doctor's the next day and have a checkup and ultrasound. What we saw brought tears of joys to our eyes. The baby was still in there, moving around, and had a solid heart beat. The ultrasound below is kind of fuzzy but you can see the head at the right and it has little tiny hands and feet protruding from the body. The baby was only an inch long at this point.
Today I am at 12 weeks and have yet to show. My middle has gotten a little thicker but that is about all. The morning sickness is over and I am looking forward to the more fun parts of pregnancy!


1 comment:
Woo-hoo! When your mom told BJ and I the news we were so excited! Congratulations. If you need any good, Godly, books on parenting give me a call!
Post a Comment