Here is my belly shot for week 24 (taken on Mothers Day, May 8th)
Flowers that Brett left for me!
That next weekend Brett and the youth group fasted for the 30 Hour Famine in order to raise money for World Vision. I was actually pretty happy I didn't have to fast this year due to pregnancy because I just end up cranky and tired. The kids also spent the night outside in a "cardboard village" to experience what homeless people endure. It was kind of a cold night so I do not think very many kids got good sleep. I helped with the service project and meal prep (at the end). The kids split up into small groups with one adult and picked up trash and items for the food pantry in Fort Jones and Etna. They also got to play some fun games and hear the Gospel. Even though it is a hard activity, most of the kids had a blast.
The next weekend after that our Church preschool, and soon to be Academy, had a carnival fundraiser that Brett and I helped out with. I ran the dunk tank and Brett was one of the "dunkees". My mother-in-law and her husband were also staying with us that weekend which was a nice treat.
That brings us up to this weekend and Brett and I are trying to rest this weekend to prepare for the busy summer months ahead of us. We are also trying to clean the house of things we do not need to make room for the baby. Next weekend is the Valley wide yard sale and we will be donating a significant portion of our household items to the church's sale. I always love this weekend because it is so fun driving (or walking) around to all the different yard sales. Mom and Dad will be in Fort Jones next weekend as well to join in the festivities. Today I finally planted the rest of my garden. Our weather has been so cold this month and I hope it actually warms up to where we have some summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment