Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weddings, Meeting the Parents, and Dogs

Over the past couple of days I have had some interesting experiences. This last Saturday I went up to Eugene to go to a friends wedding and I also got to see my parents because they came down to meet me..now Brett was my wedding date so he actually got to "meet the parents" this weekend. He was a bit nervous and was a little quiet but that is to be expected. However, I broke the ice early in the meeting because I went to the restroom (we were in a restaurant having lunch) and they had a bidet as the toilet. Now I had never played with one of these so I was thinking the toilet seat would massage me when I pushed the massage button..not shoot up a stream of water to cleanse my rearend. I got quite the shock when a cold stream of water shot out at me. I was so flustered. I came out of the bathroom so fast to tell everyone they had a special toilet that I had forgotten to put my shirt down. I had just tucked in my tanktop (nude colored non-the-less) but left my shirt up around my ribcage. Well I hustled back to the table already laughing and then my Mom was like "um Stephanie..I think there is something wrong with your shirt". I laughed so hard that I began crying and no sound would come out of my mouth. Mom was laughing really hard as well, Brett and Dad just kind of looked at me like I was some type of lunatic!! Anyway, after that I successfully got to the wedding (properly clothed) and had a great time because I got to see many friends that I haven't been able to see since I graduated.

Today I was out monitoring a site and the district packer came through with 2 horses, 4 mules, and his two dogs. He was just saying hi and being friendly when his dog came up to me. I was in the process of cutting some ungrazed grass (we put out small cages to keep the cattle from grazing a spot) for my samples when all of a sudden the dog starts peeing on my sample. I pushed him away but got a good laugh at this because I thought that I would get away from dog excrement after I left the vet clinic. Apparently not! I could do nothing about it either, I just had to keep going on clipping the grass, trying not to think of the wet stuff that came along with my grass. Despite this, it was a lovely day and quite warm. The past two days have been so cool that you couldn't stop for more than 10-15 min because you would freeze to death.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The laughing reminds me of when Christina and I came to visit you at OSU. We went out to the Haiwain restaurant and Christina was wanting to get in a picture so badly she actually fell out of her chair and almost tipped over the table. Classic Christina overexcitement. i remember we had a good chuckle. Anyway, sounds like everything went well though on the "meeting the parent". Now comes the brother. :)