This last week I actually had some different things happen. I went on a snow survey and I found out that my timing for getting married is almost perfect. My landlords will be moving in May and in April they will be moving my mobile into Yreka. I will move my stuff to Brett's kind of early and then live with my landlords (or the pastor and his wife offered there home) for 2-3 weeks. Now if I would have gone with the original plan to get married on the 4th of April this would have worked out perfectly. Oh well, all will work out and God has certainly provided for me since I have been here.
The exciting part of this week was going on my first snow survey...although it was more like just taking a winter hike because the snow pack is VERY low. Usually the plan is to drive up as far as you can go, snowmobile to the trail head, and then put on snowshoes to hike up to Middle Boulder lake. This time we drove up all the way to the trail head and didn't even have to put on snowshoes the entire way (I was kind of disappointed because this would have been my first time on snowshoes.) I also went with two guys in there 40's. Usually I hike faster than most people or at least can keep up with just about anyone. NOT this time! I thought I was going to die because it felt like I was running up the hill in the snow! These guys are extremely fit and they have much longer legs than I do. Talk about eating a slice of humble pie. They kept on waiting for me while I huffed and puffed up this hill. I think I hiked this just as fast (or faster) as I do in the summer, which is without snow. Once we got up to the top we took 10 samples and then went to two lower spots and did the same thing. We measure the depth (which averaged about 2 ft), how long the ice core is in the pole, and then the weight to get density. After our results were submitted back at the office we found out that snow levels are at 36% of normal! We really need some snow, so I will be praying and doing my little snow dance...and maybe I will get to use my snowshoes this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment