Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Playing hard=consequences

So I have tried to remember to make my posts more often and less long...but somehow these things just don't work out the way I plan. Brief recap of the last 2.5 weeks: The first week I had training in Yreka all week so I was driving back and forth. Then my parents came that weekend with Marlene and Keith, and Willie and Yvonne. That was a fun weekend but VERY busy. We took "Engagement Pictures" and then worked out some details for the wedding. Brett and I had 260 some photos at the end of Saturday and we were both toast! They all left on Sunday and then early Monday I left for Redding for another training. This was all week again and I came back Friday.

Saturday was Valentines and Brett and I and our friends went out to take advantage of the snow that fell (apparently that snow dance helped)! We all drove part of the way up to the Shackelford trailhead where we found a sufficient hill to go sledding on. I had so much fun with everyone and I have missed sledding so much! The snow was a good 2.5-3 feet up there which made for some good runs. Sunday and Monday I just relaxed, seeing that Monday was a holiday. I think I played a wee bit hard though. Since Monday I have had a low-level cold that is not terrible, but bad enough that I am extra tired. Hopefully I can get better soon because this weekend I head to Bend to see two friends and then next week I am headed for Grass Valley to work!


Here is a couple of the pictures Dad took. The first is at Etna summit and the second is at Shackelford Falls.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

You guys look so cute. We are excited for you.