Life is back to normal..and kind of boring after the whole Christmas/New Years busyness. I did get home for Christmas and had a great time with all the family. It took Brett and I 3 hours to drive the last 15 miles but we made it without incident. I also had my very first White Christmas. I could not believe it, of all places we had snow at Christmas in Woodburn. The two days after Christmas consisted of running around like crazy to get some wedding details sorted out. I even found my wedding dress in those two days...for $100! It was one of the 3 that I really liked so I ended up choosing the one that would be easier on the wedding budget.
I went home for a couple of days and celebrated New Years with a bunch of teenagers. I chaperoned a youth function for new years in which we played games, went swimming, had some snacks, and ended the evening up with worship. It was fun but I was pretty exhausted afterwords! The next day I headed back to Woodburn for a wedding show and again worked on some details. I think I am done with all major decisions that need to be taken care of now and I can kind of lay low till about a month till the wedding.
So due to holidays and such Brett and I have only had one counseling session thus far. But we keep getting "homework". One of our tasks for premarital counseling was to individually write up what our lives will be like in 2 years. It was exciting trying to plan what my life will be like married to Brett. It will be even more fun when we compare our expectations for the future! One thought that caught me off guard was that by that time we will be in a pattern of life and there will be a type of monotony in our daily schedules. Together as a married couple things will not be as exciting and new like they are now, as an engaged couple. I love this time in our relationship now- but I think I will also greatly enjoy that time as well. It will just be another phase in my life. As we were reading through a book yesterday it encouraged us to not think of this time as a waiting period for marriage, but as a preparation period that we should treasure. I just need to apply that thought throughout my life, and enjoy each day as it comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment