Monday, March 16, 2009

The race is on..


As of today I have 33 days till I get married! I just finished up an enjoyable, yet exhausting weekend of last minute wedding stuff. On Friday morning Brett and I got our marriage licence, exchanged our first wedding present (it got chipped in the mail) I had a trial run for my hair and then I had dinner with Mom, Dad, Jeff, and Christina. Saturday morning I went to a shower at Hoodview, got my dress fitted, and then went home for another shower. Whew! I opened up a lot of presents but it was really fun. Showers are much better than the pain of actually registering for the presents! The second shower was a lingerie shower and it was a riot. Apparently we had the right mix of people for quite a hilarious evening. Several of my college friends came, a friend from highschool, and several of my family (including second parents!) After getting everything cleaned up and organized I finally got to get to bed and then early the next morning I boarded a Greyhound and started back to Medford where Brett was going to pick me up (he had to go home sooner than I did). I loved the weekend but it definitely set the pace for the next month. I work during the week and have at least one major thing each weekend. These past 3 months of engagement have passed fast and I am sure that this one will not be an exception!
PS. the picture above is a fun one of Brett and I playing with the senior pastor's kids. We do find time to play amidst the madness!

No comments: