I officially have one week till Brett and I get married. WOOHOO! Actually at this point I should have already walked down the isle and be saying our vows by now! That is so weird to think about because I have been waiting and waiting for this and now it is almost here..I just want to soak it all in and now time seems to be going super fast!
Since I already have my things moved into Brett's house, after the wedding all we need to worry about is adjusting into life together, instead of trying to organize the house and cleaning at the same time. I think life will be fairly comfortable with him, even in the beginning. Since I do not have family here in Fort Jones I have made certain people at the church, a few other friends, and Brett my family. He especially makes life feel comfortable and I know that I will be loved no matter what. Sure we will struggle in our marriage, fight, and disappoint each other; but families do that. AND THEN, they talk about it, get over it, and experience life together. In his vows he is saying that he will try to love me like Christ loves the Church. Now that will be hard to live up to but I know he will try- and I am sure that I will remind him on several occasions!
As we come up to Easter we are reminded of the extent of Christ's love. That he gave his son to be sacrificed for a bunch of selfish, unfaithful, and sinful people. I cannot even comprehend this Love. Right now to think that the love that Brett and I share is nothing compared to the love that HE has and is pouring out into our lives, the thought blows me away.
Celebrate the Resurrection- Love one another, as Christ loved us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment