Friday, July 10, 2009

Hiking with the Hubby

On the Thurs the 2nd Brett and I went Hiking together. He took the day off and I was working but it didn't seem like it because it was fun to have Brett and Kota along. We went out to Middle Boulder Lake, Round Meadow which is a nice sized meadow in the Wilderness, and West Boulder Lake. Now West Boulder has no trail to it so Brett and I climbed straight up almost a 1000ft in less than a mile. I kept on complaining because first we had to crawl through an alder thicket, then the steep climb just kept on GOING! I guess it was worthwhile when we got to the top though because we had a sense of accomplishment and it was hot so we got our legs in the water. We were going to swim but the water was soooo cold and then giant mayflies kept attaching to my legs which was less than thrilling to me.



Kota and I at Middle Boulder Lake..Yeah, I really don't know what I am doing here.

Brett at Round Meadow, and yes, he is carrying my heavy bag.

West Boulder Lake..finally!

Brett and I happy to be at the top!

No comments: