Friday, October 23, 2009
How many times can I be towed in a year?
So this past week started my busy time of the year at work. By October 15 the cows come out of the mountains and I have to scramble to get as much monitoring done as possible before the snow flies. (Although last week I thought that I wouldn't get much done because of all the precipitation but it mainly rained in the mountains instead of snowing.) Anyway, this week I was going up to a meadow and it was a day that was just not going as planned. I had left the office later than I had planned so I went to another spot that was less time consuming to hike to. Well on the way up the mountain road, my truck started smoking. I kind of freaked out and stopped the truck and got out for a while. After I determined that the truck wasn't going to blow up I radioed in and told them I had a problem. They said to hold on, so I checked under the hood, which was just for good measure because I really don't know anything about vehicle repair. Then I saw it, one of my hoses was detached from a container of- well, I had to look it up in my manual and it was the coolant. All my coolant had run out of the truck over the last 100ft or so that I had traveled. The office called me back and I told them it was the coolant. They decided to be safe and just send a tow truck. I had to walk down to the main road 1-2 miles and wait for a tow truck to come from Yreka. An hour later he came and picked me up and once I got to by truck I backed it down the hill to get to a turn around spot. The guy hooked up my truck and away we went. This definitly did not fit my plan for the day but it was a much better situtation than the last time I got towed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment