So Friday we were off work together because it is Brett's day off and I was still on 4 ten hour days. As we were leaving the house after feeding the animals once last time, and I mentioned I would really like to go to the beach. Brett said, oh it takes about 3 hours and so I started looking up places where we could go (later on that is). All of a sudden he suggests "Lets go now" and I automatically answer "ok"! We were already packed, seeing that we just spent the last couple nights at another house so we pretty much packed up and left for the beach. It felt like my college days.. there was no planning and since we have no kids we may as well take these opportunities while we can! We ended up getting into crescent city at 9 and just finding a hotel. The next day we drove into Brookings and went to Harris State Park where they have a trail following the cliffs on the coast. We couldn't have better weather in November, it was a beautiful day with a mild wind and the sun shining brightly. Here are a couple pictures at from the Park.
The waves were rolling in hard and it made for some amazing splashes against these rocks (This was splashes almost twice this high!)
Brett and I tried getting a good picture 4 times and none of them turned out good- so we just decided to be goofy.
We ate a late lunch and then headed home. Overall, a great trip. Maybe next time we will actually plan out a trip and go for more than a night!


No comments:
Post a Comment