Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quarter of a Century Old!

On December 5th I had my 25th birthday..and as mom said it, now I am closer to 30 than to 20!  Kind of scary to think about.  On Saturday morning Brett and I got up and had breakfast of hash browns and eggs.  One of his presents to me was to sing a song that he had written, which made me teary eyed!  After a few odds and ends we got out the door at 11am.  We went into the Ashland/Medford area and first dropped off some recyling: a tube TV, computer monitor, and my old laptop.  Thanks goodness for getting those things out of our house!  Plus it was free which made me happy.  Next we went to Ashland's Lithia Park to go iceskating.  They have a decent sized outdoor rink that was fun to skate at.  (By the way, if you are ever in Ashland you need to visit Lithia Park.  It is a 800 acre park that starts in the downtown where there is nice pathways by a creek, a cool playground for kids, and a duck pond. The Park goes on outside of town with lots of hiking trails and a place to swim in the summer.  It also has some ball fields if I am not mistaken.)  Afterwards we walked around the downtown shops, which are VERY unique, and was really fun because living in Fort Jones I get a little deprived.  About dinner time we headed into Medford to eat at Red Robin and then rounded out the evening by getting some groceries at Winco.  Overall, a very enjoyable birthday!

No comments: