Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas time

I don't have any pictures from Christmas (I forgot my camera) but I did have a great time back in Woodburn.  Brett and I got in to Woodburn on Wednesday afternoon.  On Christmas eve day I helped Mom in the kitchen to prepare all of the snacks for when the Hatch family came over.  My job is always the pickle roll ups, they are VERY important.  Everyone came over for dinner and we had the traditional soups, veggies, and cracker trays.  I love the food and I really enjoy the time with my extended family.  We sang Christmas carols (maybe a new tradition since Brett is handy on the guitar), played bunco, and counted up the money we all brought to donate to Samaritans purse.  It felt good to be able to buy an ox and materials for a family's farm.  We also had a new addition this year, Jeff and Christina's baby Tymon.  This is the first little one and he definitely got most of the attention that evening!
Jeff and Christina stayed the night and then in the morning we had breakfast and opened our stockings.  Afterwards, Brett, Dad and I all layed down in the living room and took naps.   How does the saying go?  "The family that naps together stays together"? :)  Anyway, that afternoon Brett and I went to his sisters house in Salem and had Christmas dinner with them.  There were 11 people eating in a small apartment...very cosy!  Afterward I went out with the kids and played outside.  Brett's neice has 2 little girls and they have taken a liking to me, and I to them! 
On saturday we all got up late, ate and then headed to Portland.  I got to see Sarah and Steve's house and newer dog, Lambeau.  I am impressed with Sarah's decorating skills.  I really want my own house now so I can paint and decorate how i please!  Next we stopped at clackamas for a bit and then ate at Origonal Taco House for Dad's birthday.  Last, we headed to Powell's books so Brett could see the massiveness of the store.  Portland is very pretty during the holidays with lights on many of the buildings.  Sunday we headed home after church and now I feel I need a vacation after my vacation!

No comments: