Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Horrid Weekend

Right after we got back from Wallowa Lake (an 11 hour drive mind you) we found some "gifts" from our kitty on the floor and beds.  I do have to say this was probably our fault since she is usually in and out and we kept her inside the house while we were gone.  (She was kind of angry at us.)  So at 10pm I took all of our bedding to the laundromat to clean it while Brett cleans up the rest of the house.  At 11pm I get home and we go to sleep.  The next morning we start a thorough clean of the house.  I put some cleaning stuff on the carpet and vacuum while Brett cleans the bathroom.  After I am done vacuuming I go to empty the vacuum and the container opens up and spills all over the carpet.  While I vacuum again Brett is getting mop water and the shower handle gets stuck.  He trys to turn it off but the handle comes off.  I get pliers for him and then he trys to screw off the water and the fixture comes off and starts spraying water all over the shower.  I had to hold the curtain closed to prevent most of the water from flooding the bathroom while he turns off the water to the house outside.  Lucky for him the turn-off is buried by dirt and he has to dig it out.  By this time I am Laughing/crying at our situation.  Things just couldn't go right!  After a few other fiascos I was ready for Monday to come so I could go to work.  Well this week Brett also had trouble, the group that was going to do VBS had a situation and couldn't do VBS for the church.  Our cat, which was thrown outside for several days is also now missing.  We have just needed to remember to praise God in everything for he works though it all.  (VBS actually did turn out excellent and one lady who took charge has some great ideas for next year already.)  I am also rejoicing that this weekend has slowed down!

1 comment:

Greg Sykora said...

At least you guys knew how to turn the water off outside. I wouldn't have known what to do. I probably would have ended up standing in the shower trying to fix it until I get forced to swim out.

What does VBS stand for?