Sunday, July 31, 2011

Seeing old friends

On the Weekend of July 9th I got to see quite a few of my friends from college.  I enjoyed the weekend so much but it was definitely busy.  Brett and I went to Woodburn on Thurs evening and then on Friday I went to "help" set up for the wedding I was in town for but all the work was done. I did get to spend time with the friend that was getting married for a brief period and then spend most of the day with a friend who has been in Africa for the past year.  That night another friend from Anderson was in the Portland area and spent the night.  The next day Brett and I went to the wedding and saw several friends from college that were in my bible study my Senior year.  I spent many enjoyable hours during college with them and it was so good to get us all together in one place because we have all split into our separate ways.   
 Amanda and Robbie dancing their first dance as a wedded couple.  What a great moment. 

 College friends sitting around the table chatting.  Brett is in the Red shirt and while he doesn't know any of these friends very well, he fits right in and did enjoy getting to know a couple of the guys better.

My friends Kelly and Jael.  Both of them are in missions work.  (Kelly in Uganda and Jael is going off to New Zealand).  I LOVED having them around even though I don't get to see them often.  They are the type of friends that you can go several months without even talking to each other but then when you get back together it is as if they had never been gone!
This weekend I also did a bit of shopping. In addition, I found out that you can really get a workout from the xbox connect.  Brett, Dad, and I had fun playing games on it as Mom and Jael sat back laughing at our antics.  (the xbox connect senses your motions so you have to perform all the motions you want your player to perform..like run, squat, jump ect.)

No comments: