Monday, December 19, 2011

October 2011

October started out with canning.  I have never canned before but it is something I have wanted to try.  I took a class with the local mom's group and was inspired.  I did several batches of applesauce, apple butter, grape jelly, and I froze some grape juice.  All of the produce came from a neighbors yard who graciously allowed me to pick apples and grapes.  I decided grape juice and grape jelly were too much work but I will make Apple butter and Applesauce again.

Since Brett and I now have children we get to do all the fun things like go to the pumpkin patch, the zoo, science museums, etc without feeling silly! :)  We took Ian out to the Scott Valley pumpkin patch and picked out the pumpkin that is on Brett's lap.  As you can see Ian was tired out after the whole ordeal!

Ian's 2 month photo with his lamb.

Baby dedication at the church.  My parents came as well as Brett's Mom and her husband.  My Grandparents, Duane and Colleen, also made the trip.  It was fun to have all the grandparents there to support us.  Terry and Leslie are also like family so they stood up with us.  We hope that we can raise Ian to stand firm in his faith and to seek Christ in all situations.


My little Lion!  I dressed up Ian on Halloween and took him to my work and the Christian academy that is run out of our church to show off his outfit.  Isn't he cute!

No comments: